Monday 12 March 2012

Print

Played with some lino and made up a landscape of mountain and flowers, inspired by a printed illustration from 1608 I believe is called Tales of Ise 'Ise Monogatari'  of the poet Narihira stopping on a horse to admire Mount Fuji on his way to exile, the illustrator is unknown. And a black and white illustration of Irises and water plantains from 1755 from the book Picture-book of Wild Flowers 'Ehon Noyamagusa'I by Tachibana Yasukuni. Both images are from 'Japanese Prints : 300 years of albums and books'.

Tales of Ise

Irises and water plantains



Lino cut prints

It was really nice to be able to use a proper printing press for these and I can definitely see a huge difference with that and trying to do it myself. I really like the outcome. Next I am going to try it out on some wood, although I don't think there is any difference in outcome (we shall see) I think it would be good to try out a technique that is traditional of Japan. I will also like to explore some textiles and ceramic printing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment